Sunday, June 21, 2009

Julie's Birth Story


Hi Lisa,

I wanted to share my birth story with you and Kari and to thank you both for all
the support and preparation Tony and I received during the birth rhythms and
labour intensive classes.

I went to bed after my yoga class on Monday June 8th and woke up at 3:30am in
labour. When I realized I was really in labour I had a moment of panic ("I
can't do this" "I'm not strong enough") and then I remembered all the women I
knew who had taken this journey before me and I let go of all fear. The rest of
the day was transcendently peaceful! I slept on and off between contractions
throughout the night and then got up at 7am to begin my more focused journey.
Tony and I walked around the neighborhood and then around the birthing pool
throughout the day - I must have walked about 50 miles by the end of the day
:-) Walking was definitely the ritual that was working for me. Between each
"expansion," I was able to focus on returning to my "baseline" and felt as
though I entered more and more into labourland as the day progressed. At around
5:30pm walking just no longer seemed to work, so I entered the birthing pool!
The waters brought such relief - in all my life I've never felt such a
wonderful feeling! I began pushing at around 6pm and through deep moans and
even some powerful growls, I gave birth to a beautiful son at 7:26pm!

I can't even express to you how grateful I am for all the preparation Tony and I
did and received. I was able to trust myself, trust the process, and connect
with my baby. In doing so, I birthed him with a profound sense of trust and
love.

Thanks to you both!

Julie.

No comments: